Below are links to information or examples to help complete the DDP:
- Cognito Forms is an online form builder with an intuitive content block interface. The DDP uses Cognito Forms to build the Archiving Wizard.
- Cognito Forms: managing entries A thorough explanation of how to manage your entries
- Creative Commons Â The creative commons chooser can help you determine which CC license is right for you
- Site Map Creation GlooMaps can help you make a visual site map of your project site
- Archiving Dossier Narrative Template: ArchivingDossierNarrativeCognitoTemplateFINAL
- DDP to Zenodo Transfer Template:Â DDPtoZenodoTemplateFinal
- How to convert a webpage to a pdf
Web Archiving Resources and Tools:
According to Archive-it.org, a web recording is a collection of web-published materials that an institution has either made arrangements for or has accepted long-term responsibility for preservation and access in keeping with an archive’s user access policies. Some of these materials may also exist in other forms but the web archive captures the web versions for posterity.
For more resources visit:
- WebRecorderÂ is a web archiving service that allows users to â€œrecordâ€ and archive websites. The service is very easy to use as it captures/records a usersâ€™ web browsing experience as they interact with a website. All the user has to do is add the URL to the tool and browse through the pages, then the tool automatically archives the web site along with any additional content triggered as you browse through the site. It is an excellent resource for websites with dynamic content because the tool ensures that dynamic content performance is preserved and replicable in the future. You can also create a collection of your web archived content and download your archived site in the ISO standard WARC file format. A WARC file is an open source format developed by the Internet Archive and ISO standard for web archives.
- The Wayback MachineÂ was created by the non-profit digital library of Internet sites and born-digital artifacts, The Internet Archive. Through their online database, you can search for archived versions of URLs in their collection and only upload your own digital media.Â The Wayback machine also lets users do their own â€œweb recordingâ€ by using the Save Page Now option were you can Capture a web page as it appears in the moment.
- Archive-IT a subscription web archiving service from the Internet Archive that helps organizations to harvest, build and preserve collections of digital content.
- Perma.cc is a Web archiving service created by Harvard to help prevent link rot, by ensuring that your citations are preserved. Perma does this by creating a permanent link or a â€œperma linkâ€ to the record in your collection.
Self-archiving is depositing a copy of an electronic or digital document online in order to provide open access to that document.
It is a good method for preserving and sharing your archived website and additional documentary materials. You can identify the most appropriate OA repository available by using Â OpenDOAR, a global directory of Open Access repositories and their policies. You can also use Zenodo or Humanities Common.
Sample Metadata Crosswalk for Bpress